December 24, 2010

Rivertown Inn Apple Muffins

These are some amazing tasting and amazingly simple muffins.  If you're like me you keep a can of pie filling on hand for those just in case, last minute, easy, quick panic needs.   Well I was desperate the other day and had to open a can of apple pie filling but I only used a small portion of it.  I discovered this recipe when trying to use up the rest.  So good!


Rivertown Inn Apple Muffins

1 can apple pie filling   (I ran my knife through the can to chop apples a bit)
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. each cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Walnuts or raisins (opt.)     (I opted out of adding them)

Topping:

1/2 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp. white sugar
1/4 c. butter (melted)
3 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. nuts   (I used oatmeal)

For Muffins:  Mix sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.  Add pie filling, then dry ingredients.  Fill muffin tins 1/2 full.  Sprinkle topping over batter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.


Enjoy!
Merry Christmas Eve to you and yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment