December 06, 2010

December 6

Where have they been all my life?


Chocolate Chip drop Scones


I found this super quick recipe online today which totally satisfied my sweet craving!  They are so simple and ready before you know it.  Where have they been all my life?

Chocolate Chip drop Scones
2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream  **I used skim milk
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
   Additional whipping cream
   Additional sugar

1. Heat oven to 400°F.  Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.  Stir Bisquick mix, chocolate chips, 1/3 cup whipping cream, 4 tablespoons sugar, the egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms.

2.  Drop dough into mounds on cookie sheet.  Pat to slightly flatten.   Brush with additional whipping cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't we use to make those with Ginnie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I think you're right my friend. I knew they tasted familiar! What a blast of memories we have her.

    ReplyDelete