July 11, 2008

I'm Listening

Yesterday I was standing at my kitchen sink looking out the window. My thoughts focused on the question of how can my God relate to me whenever I need him--when there are so many other people in the world who need him at the same time? See I know my God is just that big, that he constantly surrounds all his children. And because I love him, he loves me even more. But still the question arose.

Then the strangest thing happened the same time those thoughts entered my head. I very clearly heard the words, "I'm Listening". That's all, "I'm Listening". Again I heard them and I my eyes slowly darted around the kitchen in wonder if I really did hear it. The internal voice is such an amazing thing. The dialog that goes on in my head can be so sporadic. But then when it is interrupted with such clarity, I know it is my Lord asking for my attention. So the rest of the afternoon I spent thinking about what it was I wanted to or needed to say. I'm still not exactly sure what I want/need to say. But I know He is patient and is assuring me that He IS there to listen. He just gave me a nudge to start the conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Becca--

    Okay, so I'm thinking that perhaps we know each other?? I linked to your blog for the first time today, one of those "six degrees of separation" thing and my first thought was that you looked familiar. Then, as I was browsing around, I noticed that my blog was listed on your blogroll!!! I was totally shocked and immensely flattered, but now I'm baffled, trying to put the pieces together of how we might know each other??

    I used to live in NE up until 3-1/2years ago, and it seems like we know a lot of the same people. I was so greatly appreciate it if you could spare a moment to e-mail me and help sort out this mystery!! :) You can link to my e-mail on my blogger profile.

    This whole www this is just nuts, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete