July 16, 2008

Deep thoughts

Would/Does Satan use my child as a distraction from my time with the Lord?

Yesterday this thought crossed my mind and I felt disgust and anger boiling up inside. At the thought of anything/anyone using my child against me makes the sirens go off the armor go up. It reminded me that there is a constant battle going on and that my God is always fighting for me-His child. I will fight to protect Evan the same way God fights for me.

Many times lately when I am spending time with my Lord-Evan needs me and interrupts our time. Sunday mornings at church are the same way. I get through worship and am ready to listen to what Pastor Matt has to say but Evan suddenly becomes restless and I have to leave the auditorium. Now I know babies will be babies and need our constant devotion but the timing of Evan's outbursts are sometimes questionable. Hence my first question; Would Satan use my child as a distraction from my time with the Lord? I sure would hope not. But it means this Mama must be ready for battle at all moments of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment