October 03, 2007

The best bread I've made this Fall Season!

I just made this bread over the weekend and it is awesome! I made a loaf and a pan of muffins instead of 2 loaves. You can substitute Allspice for the Mace(use 1/2 the amount of allspice), and I used butter instead of shortening (10 1/3 tbls. = 2/3 cup)-mainly because Travis refuses to have shortening in our house. I also used pecans instead of walnuts. Enjoy and let me know how you like it! It's a very fall festive bread! YUMMY.

APPLESAUCE - PUMPKIN BREAD
2/3 c. shortening
2 2/3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. applesauce
1 c. mashed pumpkin
3 1/2 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. mace
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2/3 c. apple juice
1 c. chopped walnuts
Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat. Stir in applesauce and pumpkin. Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, mace and nutmeg. Add alternately with apple juice to pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts. Turn batter into 2 greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Makes 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment