August 15, 2008

Apricots = Yummy Goodness

I love making Evan's food. It gives me so much joy to prepare yummy food for him and see all the vibrant colors homemade food creates. Making baby food is so easy and fun too. All you need is a food processor or blender, a 1/2 hour of your day, and some love.

These apricots came from the Lucas farm. We were down there for a family picnic and saw that the tree was full and ripe. My eyes lit up thinking of all the yummy food I could make for Evan, for free!
I washed and pitted them. Then layed them out skin side up on a baking sheet with about an inch of water, and baked them till the skins were golden.
Then it was time to peel off the skin and plop them into the food processor. A few spins and lovely puree was created.
I save the plastic containers that store bought food is in and reuse them for my own food. My neighbor has been kind enough to save hers and give them to me as well.

Thanks Great Grandma Kate and Great Grandpa Ned for the delicious apricots! Evan's eyes got big and he had a huge smile after the first bite. There's nothing like freshly picked fruit.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I can't wait to start making mine.

    You're my hero Bec. :)

    a

    ReplyDelete