November 09, 2011

disaster at house cleaning

So here I am...AGAIN...working hard to clean my house.  I really want to be playing and doing fun activities with my sweeties, but the house is a wreck.  WHY CAN'T I KEEP MY HOUSE CLEAN?

By clean I mean:
1. Picked up.
2. Organized
3. Swept/Vacuumed

Why is this so difficult?  Why do I feel like I am constantly working hard everyday and don't seem to see much progress? What am I doing wrong?  Am I the only one with this problem? Is it because I have little ones?

Please share your strategies.  What do you do to keep a tidy house?  What are your routines? HELP ME!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becca - I feel your pain! I sometimes feel like it is 6 vs. 1 on keeping the house clean! And I can't hold back the ocean forever! Lol! However, I have adopted a nighttime routine that seems to help. After the kids are in bed, I tackle 6 chores - trash, laundry, dishes, pick up the house, and plan for tomorrow. I try to do this as fast as I can - less than 45 minutes. Then the house is clean for at least a few hours until it all starts over the next day! I have also found that getting organized ( a place for everything), and making kids pick up as they play through the day has worked for us. Another thing that has worked for me is to pick a few things that drive me crazy (shoes put away - no papers on the counters) and at a minimum make sure those are done. The day will come when your sweet babies are at school all day and the house will stay clean for a 7 hour stretch! Remember this is just a season, and your main focus should be enjoying those beautiful kiddos, loving on them, and teaching them to help out! Hope that helps! - Kerri Speer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I am exactly the same! I was at my folks' place last night and sighed "I need a house." (I live in an apartment.) My mom pffted me and said "No, you don't." What the heck was that supposed to mean?!? "A house is a lot of work. You couldn't take care of it." I was appalled at first, but then realized...she's right. I have been known to pay someone to come and clean for me. The cost just doesn't outweigh the time cost when I do it myself. It takes me forever because all I can focus on is dreading the tasks at hand. lol It's totally counterproductive, but it is the way it is. So, no. You are not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete