July 24, 2012

Psst. I'm a hooper and I love it!

HELLO my friends.
For those of you who don't yet know, I have become a hooper.
A Hula Hooper!
I have 2 adult size hoops. One which actually comes apart to make for easy travel.  I love them.

I'm not that good at it yet. But I have been having a blast learning how.   It is an amazing workout and just so much fun.  I know I hoop best to music. All types of music and have created a few Hoop Mixes that Travis says seem be played on repeat. 
(They aren't, but He thinks so)

Hooping takes practice, practice, practice.
It's what every hooper tells you. So when you are impatient and just want to 'get it' , it doesn't always happen.  So I've  been practicing. I've actually stepped out-doors with  my hoop and even taught a few other friends how.  This was a big step and took courage.   There is something about a hula hoop that draws people in. It is joyous. It brings smiles.  How I love that.

Oh how I am excited for Autumn.
Hooping outdoors in the crisp air without breaking a sweat the first minute I 'm out. I'm ready for open space to practice in. My living room isn't quite cutting it. 
I seem to feel clumsy with my hoop and am working on the "FLOW" of moving my hoop around. So I practice.

Will you join me. Practice with me?  I promise you will love it.

I have become an avid follower of hooping.org and love all the inspiring videos that help encourage my journey. Here are a few of my favorites.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment